SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing a varying array of support to the Operations Team as well as other departments. The Operations Coordinator oversees day-to-day functions of the organization’s Shipping Department. They will also oversee the receipt, verification, and stocking of incoming materials, as well as inventory control. This resource will ensure prompt response to all internally requested tasks. Communicate effectively with technical staff and external customers as necessary in support of the team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Package, test and deliver equipment, product, or misc. supplies to job sites.
- Drive a box truck
- Chauffer’s card
- Medical card
- Direct the allocation of materials, supplies, and finished products to projects.
- Identify items as coming from or belonging to the customer, keep those items segregated from other production materials/tools and maintain control of customer inventory.
- Oversee shipping activities, keeping shipment records (inventory management), and forwarding relevant information to Sales and Accounting on shipment of goods.
- Work with Procurement Manager on return of goods.
- Resolve damages and discrepancies (with shippers, vendors, misc.).
- Responsible for custody and safekeeping of inventory (i.e., inventory control).
- Oversee receiving, incoming inspections (when required), stocking, keeping, receiving records and forwarding relevant information to Purchasing and for vendor payment.
- Provides support to warehouse and production team.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
- Provide additional support to installation crews as required.
- Promptly escalate issues as necessary to the appropriate management.
- Travels to customer job sites as required.
- Keeps accurate account of company owned tools and ladders.
- Performs other project duties as required.
Reports to the Inventory Control Manager.
A high school diploma or GED is required; Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with people are essential. Must be responsible, initiative-taking, initiative-taker, personable and well-organized. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is important. Regular use of audio, video, telephone, and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Ability to lift heavy loads of up to 50 lbs. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and communicate information to others.
Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines or measuring tools is required.
The job is primarily performed indoors in an office or home office setting. Some travel is required for this position. Travel can be up to 20% at certain times.
For more information or to inquire about future openings or positions, please send a resume to email@example.com