SVT is a value-added distributor of technology solutions and services, providing a premier client experience. Simply stated integrity is our infrastructure. Over 60 years of success in the technology industry has been a direct result of maintaining our core principles. By staying dedicated to our clients, committed to our workforce and loyal to our partners, we have firmly established a best-in-class cornerstone to our existence. Certifications and continuing education are a vital part of our ability to bring the best solutions to our customers. Our team members have clear career and training plans that encourage professional development to benefit themselves and our customers.
In addition, SVT is a member of both the National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA) and InfoComm International. We are currently certified through InfoComm as an Audio/Video Solutions Provider at the Emerald level. Other affiliations include Media Communications Association-International (MCA-I) and American Institute of Architects-Professional Affiliate (AIA-PA).
SVT KEY DIFFERENTIATORS
SVT remains committed to aligning our recruitment strategy with our internal clients’ needs (employees). We’re focused on attracting top-talent to niche practice areas with an emphasis on candidates with prior industry experience who can work positively with others and collaborate in a team setting.
WORK LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS • Telecommute options • Flexible Schedules • Generous Vacation Policy • Generous Number of Paid Holidays • Generous Sick/Personal Day Policy • Corporate Sponsored Activities (Team Outings, Catered Meals, Holiday Parties) • Paid Family Leave Program (Mother/Father)
HEALTH & LIFE INSURANCE OPTIONS • Substantial Medical coverage subsidy • Medical Insurance • Prescription Insurance • Dental Insurance • Paid $10,000 life insurance • Optional Employee and Dependent life insurance • Optional Short- and Long-Term disability insurance • Vision Insurance • Flexible Spending Account – FSA • Flexible Spending Account for Child Care
COMPENSATION PROGRAMS • 401(K) • Paid Family Leave Program • Monthly bonus incentives • Yearly bonus incentives • Credit card points program • Employee appreciation packages (Gift cards, event tickets, getaway weekends, car detailing) • Paid Vacation • Paid Training • Employee Referral Program • Recognition Awards • Paid Sick Days • Paid Holidays • Paid Company Apparel (coats, shirts, hats)
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Directs and organizes general accounting activities and helps direct Accounting Administrator. Prepares accounting and financial reports. Ensures completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of accounting records. Also ensures accounting systems are in control and takes necessary steps to minimize risk to the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions; reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company’s and established accounting principles; controls all changes to chart of accounts. Responsible for monthly and year-end closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal entries.
- Responsible for maintaining computerized accounting system, backup control, assisting other accounting staff with questions and printing of computer-generated reports and statements.
- Administers preparation of interim, year-end, and comparative financial reports; performs and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget. Prepares required government reports as directed by the CFO and responds to inquiries, as necessary.
- Stays current with developments, practice trends, and promulgations in the accounting profession; monitors accounting systems and recommends new or revised policies and procedures.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts; verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems; maintains integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
- Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review by CFO.
- Assists the CFO in coordinating the year-end financial audit and preparing schedules and documents for independent (third-party) auditors.
- Maintain other accounts and performs other accounting duties, as required, or requested by the CFO
Reports directly to the CFO. Assists in the supervision of the Accounting Administrator.
A college degree is required; a major in Accounting is preferred. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential, as are good leadership skills. Familiarity with commonly used accounting and spreadsheet applications (e.g., QuickBooks, Excel) is required.
Ability to communicate orally with board of directors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision, and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines. Also included is the ability to open and close common business filing cabinets.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Must be able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance (ANOVA), correlation techniques, and sampling theory, as well as know algebra, linear equations, and other analytics. Must be able to understand and utilize common financial reports and legal documents.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer and/or calculator.
For more information or to inquire about future openings for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com