Summary Of Functions
The Senior Service Technician supervises and directs on site installation team to keep projects running smoothly and within budget without compromising safety and quality standards, in addition to meeting customer, statutory/regulatory, and organizational requirements. The Senior Service Technician must also fully participate in the installation process while on site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with external/internal clients and manufacturer vendors
- Works with onsite team to confirm project schedules are met in conjunction with the customer’s requirements and requests Project Management approval for overtime as necessary to meet project schedules.
- Conducts on site orientations and meetings; assures that established policies and procedures are followed.
In situations where sub-contractors are needed, trains external sub-contractors on relevant functions; conducts on site orientations and meetings; assures that established policies and procedures are followed.
- In situations where sub-contractors are needed, trains external sub-contractors on relevant functions; conducts on site orientations and meetings; assures that established policies and procedures are followed.
- Promptly reports all on site project problems to Project Manager and helps work on resolution of issues; assures that project is completed on time and on budget.
- Main customer contact while on site for installation projects.
- Performs other project duties as required.
Education or Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required
- 3-5 years’ experience in A/V integration to include equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation of control systems
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in leading installation or service teams
- Experience terminating Cat5/6 and coaxial cable with a variety of connectors, infrastructure cabling and termination skills
- Additional certifications a plus
A high school diploma or GED is required; At least five years prior experience in AV Integration. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good leadership skills are needed. Experience with onsite project management is highly desirable. Desire someone with a high attention to detail and extreme sense of urgency. Must possess a valid chauffeurs license.
Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is important. Regular use of audio, video, telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Standing or sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect building plans, blueprints and drawings. Heavy lifting will be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines or measuring tools is required. Able to understand and utilize architectural or engineering drawings, utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business. On site installations can take place out of normal business hours and for days exceeding 8 hours per day.
The job is performed indoors and outdoors in a variety of settings, including the office, construction sites, and warehouse. Extensive travel is required for this position. Travel can be up to 100% at certain times.
For more information or to inquire about future openings for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com